- 1.1. The Environmental Policy of Southland Global Group outlines our direction in sustainable environmental practices by managing environmental impacts associated with our business activities, products, and services.
- 1.2. In addition to compliance with applicable environmental laws and regulations, we continuously improve our Environmental Management System (ISO 14001) to protect the environment and prevent pollution.
- 1.3. This Policy will be communicated to all levels within our Group, alongside capacity building activities and training through our supply chain.
- 2.1. We are committed to creating a Group culture where all are engaged and empowered in improving our environmental performance.
- 2.2. We shall comply with applicable local, national, and international laws on land use and the environment.
- 2.3. We shall periodically review the objectives and targets of our environmental aspects.
2.4. Energy and Emissions:
- 2.4.1. We shall ensure responsible use of energy while supporting the Group’s plans for business expansion by managing operations to minimize the rate of energy usage, managing operations to maximize natural resource efficiency, and minimizing and mitigating carbon emissions.
2.5. Materials and Waste Management:
- 2.5.1. We shall ensure sustainable material consumption and reducing waste where possible, by reusing and recycling.
- 2.5.2. Our waste management procedure is in place to monitor and regulate waste separation and disposal to increase the recycling & reuse ratio.
2.6 Water Usage:
- 2.6.1 We shall ensure the preserving of the quality and quantity of water used; preventing water contamination from agricultural and industrial chemicals, and preventing erosion and sedimentation; and that all wastewater from our production are efficiently and systematically treated and subsequently reused in our production process.
- We shall support long-term ecosystem preservation programs to identify and manage forests and other natural ecosystems aimed at no-deforestation and no degradation of forest lands with approaches based on the high conservation values (HCVs) and high carbon stock (HCS).
- 2.7.1 We shall not use open burning or open fire in new or ongoing operations for land preparation, land management, waste management, or any other reason other than in justified and documented cases of fire-break establishment, waste management for sanitary reasons where public garbage collection is not available, phytosanitary and other emergencies.
- 2.7.2 We shall protect wildlife, including rare, threatened, endangered and critically endangered species from poaching, over-hunting and habitat loss in areas under our company’s management and supporting wildlife protection activities in areas of influence.
- 2.7.3 We shall protect soil quality, preventing erosion, nutrient degradation, subsidence and contamination.
- 2.7.4 We shall prevent the development of or sourcing from natural rubber plantations on peat, regardless of depth, extent, or status (wet, drained or dry).
2.8 Local Pollution:
- 2.8.1 We shall provide a healthy and safe working environment by eliminating or controlling hazards, by implementing measures to monitor and improveinternal air quality, reduce noise levels and by applying work procedures on handling hazardous chemicals.
2.9 Consumer Focus:
- 2.9.1 We shall enhance customer/consumer satisfaction, health and safety through supplying consistent quality of natural rubber without health and safety related defects.
Date: 2 November 2020
Mr. Leong Tim Fook
Southland Global Pte. Ltd.