1. Office Security
- Employees must ensure that company items such as mobile phones and computers issued to them for official use are secure when not in use.
- The main office doors are to be secured with card or coded access controls throughout the night.
2. Information Security (documentary or digital)
- Hard copies of confidential documents are to be kept under lock and key, when not in use and if an employee is away from the workstation.
- Faxed document containing confidential information should not be recycled as draft paper for re-use.
- PCs (including personal computers, notebooks, laptops, etc.) and hard disks with confidential digital data should be protected with passwords.
- Screensaver on workstations to be used and protected by password to avoid access when away.
- PCs must be switched off when leaving the office for the day.
3. Restrictions on Confidential Information
- Every employee undertakes that both during and after the term of employment with the Company, the employee will not use, divulge or communicate to any person (other than those whose job duty is to know the same or with proper authority to do so) any of the trade secrets or other confidential information of the Company, including the particular lists or details of customers and clients of the Company.
4. IT Securities, Policies and Practices
- The term “computer resources” shall refer to all computers, IT infrastructure, and information, communication equipment, operating business systems and IT services.
- The term “electronic information” refers to all information that is created, distributed, published, and stored using computer resources including information that has been stored on external devices such as floppy disks, thumb drives, CD-ROM media as well as printed paper via computer resources.
- Prohibitions Relating to Emails:
- Do not write down user ID and password or tell them to another person.
- Do not open suspicious email or attachments, but delete them immediately.
- Do not send emails pretending to be someone else.
- Beware of spams or other damaging emails.
- Be sure of the right to be able to email out third party information.
- Be sure of right to solicit, promote or advertise product or service through email.
- Do not send out any emails construed as harassment or disparagement of others.
- Do not send or receive any emails containing information which is immoral, offensive, religious, communal or political grounds or is abusive or of an indecent, obscene, pornography or menacing character.
- Do not forward or propagate chain emails.
- Prohibitions Relating to Internet/Intranet/Extranet
- Do not publish or link information on Company’s website without the approval of a Director or CEO.
- Do not access any websites unrelated to your work (e.g. games, pornography, blogs and etc.).
- Do not download, possess, exchange, make copies of, or distribute any copyrighted contents without the permission of the author as these actions violate copyright laws.
- Do not write any libelous comments about other people on any electronic message boards.
- Do not give out any personal information including credit card numbers on the Internet unless the site is encrypted (e.g. the URL begins with https://).
- Do not transmit or retrieve information containing obscene, indecent, lewd, or lascivious material.
- Do not use company Internet access for personal financial gain and/or profits including online gambling, online betting and online trading of shares/stocks and bonds.
- Procedures Relating to PCs (Desktop or Laptop Computers, Notebook, etc.):
- Set up PCs with monitors that require passwords to be opened.
- Turn off PCs when leaving work.
- Check that updated versions of anti-virus software are installed.
- Run windows update to patch up windows operation system regularly.
- Do not install any software or hardware that is not related to work.
- Take all precautions if laptops or storage devices are taken out of office that the devices or information is not lost or stolen.
- If information is lost or stolen, the employee has to notify the supervising Director or the CEO.
- Ensure files from PCs are automatically saved on the Servers.
- Printers, Scanners, Fax and Photocopy machines
- Collect all documents without delay from printer, fax machine and photocopier.
- Avoid using printers, scanners, fax machine and photocopy machine for non-work related matters.
- Use only original or approved cartridges.
Signed on: 2 November 2020
Mr. Leong Tim Fook
Southland Global Pte. Ltd.